Bitcoin price started a fresh increase above the $55,000 resistance zone against the US Dollar. BTC tested $58,500 and it remains elevated for a move towards the $60,000 zone.
- Bitcoin is showing positive signs and it recently tested the $58,500 resistance zone.
- The price is now trading well above $55,000 and the 100 simple moving average (4-hours).
- There is a key bullish trend line forming with support near $55,400 on the 4-hours chart of the BTC/USD pair (data feed from Kraken).
- The pair could correct losses, but it is likely to start a steady increase towards the $60,000 level.
Bitcoin Price Gains Traction
This past week, bitcoin price remained stable above the $52,500 support zone against the US Dollar. The BTC/USD pair started a steady increase and it broke a couple of important hurdles near $55,000.
The price even broke the $56,500 resistance and extended its rise. There was a spike above the $58,000 level, but the price struggled near the $58,500 zone. A high is formed near $58,494 and the price is now correcting lower.
It traded below the $57,500 level. There was a break below the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $52,489 swing low to $58,494 high. On the downside, there is a major support forming near the $55,500 zone.
There is also a key bullish trend line forming with support near $55,400 on the 4-hours chart of the BTC/USD pair. The trend line is close to the 50% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $52,489 swing low to $58,494 high.
On the upside, the price is facing a major resistance near the $58,000 and $58,500 levels. A successful close above the $58,000 and $58,500 resistance levels could open the doors for a fresh increase towards the $60,000 barrier.
Dips Limited in BTC?
If bitcoin fails above the $58,000 level, there is a risk of a downside correction. The first major support is near the $55,500 level and the trend line zone.
The next major support is near the $55,000 level and the 100 SMA. Any more losses might call for a fresh drop towards the $52,500 support level.
- 4 hours MACD – The MACD for BTC/USD is losing momentum in the bullish zone.
- 4 hours RSI (Relative Strength Index) – The RSI for BTC/USD is now well above the 50 level.
- Major Support Level – $55,500
- Major Resistance Level – $58,500